What is my username and password?
Simply click here and enter your email address and your username will be emailed to you along with a link to reset your password.
Can I download tax returns from previous years?
Yes, simply log in to My Client Portal. Then, scroll down to the section labeled “Download Prior Tax Return” and click on the year you would like. The last 3 years of returns filed with The Cook Group are stored in your Client Portal. If you you need years prior to this please call 919-784-9100.
How do I begin The Cook Group tax process?
- Log into your Client Portal and sign your Engagement Letter(s).
*We cannot begin work on your returns until we receive your signed engagement letter(s).
- Fill out and Sign your Tax Questionnaire. (if you have a 1040 individual return)
- Upload any Additional Documents in your Client Portal.
- Once all tax documents are uploaded, check the All Documents Submitted box, then click Process My Return.
*This confirms we have all of your documents and can begin preparing your return(s). We will contact you if we need more information.
How do I upload files from my computer?
- Log into your Client Portal at cookwealth.com.
- Click “Select Files”
- In the new window, select the file(s) you wish to upload and click open. (hold ctrl to select multiple files)
- Click “Submit” to securely send your selected files to The Cook Group.
I don’t have a scanner, can I upload files using my phone or tablet?
- Yes, you can! On your mobile device, log into your Client Portal at cookwealth.com.
- Click “Select Files”
- Choose “Camera” to take a photo of your documents.
- Take a photo and choose OK.
- Click “Sumbit” to securely send your selected files to The Cook Group.
My Tax Return is being processed, what’s next?
- Once we have prepared your returns, we will upload your returns, filing instructions, payment vouchers, estimated tax vouchers, our invoice and other supporting documents to your Client Portal.
- You will receive a DocuSign email with the attached efile authorization form(s) for your e-signature. These forms give us permission to efile your tax returns. (For returns that cannot be efiled, in addition to placing the documents in your portal, we will mail the returns to you to sign and place in the mail to the appropriate taxing agency.)
- For your convenience, you can pay your invoice online.
Do I need to submit my LPL Financial 1099s?
Yes. Please include all 1099’s from LPL in your documents this year.
How do I unzip files?
If you have already clicked on your .zip file and it did not automatically open your file folder, try downloading WinZip and follow these directions.